Specials & Packages
We have put together several Asheville bed and breakfast packages to make your time at the Carolina Bed & Breakfast even more memorable.
You will find that these North Carolina vacation packages are the perfect way to add a special touch to your time in Asheville.
A Gift Certificate from the Carolina Bed& Breakfast is the perfect way to say you care. Treat someone special to a stay at our Asheville Bed & Breakfast. We are happy to customize the certificate to meet your needs and Budget. Please call 828-254-3608 to make your purchase or order online
FALL FARMS AND ARTISAN TOUR
Explore One of Western North Carolina’s Best Kept Secrets on a Tour Curated Just for You!
In conjunction with the inns of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association, we are delighted to be able to offer to our guests an independent driving tour of one of the most beautiful valleys in Western North Carolina. Located just a short half hour drive from the center of Asheville, Big Sandy Mush is one of the most beautiful and least well known destinations in our area.
This lush valley has been farmed by the same families for generations and has maintained the charm of a bygone era. Drive past big red barns surrounded by fertile fields and small white churches framed by our North Carolina Mountains in all their fall color and glory. Picnic among the grape vines of a local vineyard and enjoy a special wine tasting, stop at local farms to pick fruits and vegetables or purchase fall produce, and visit the workshops and galleries of North Carolina artists and craftsmen.
Leave behind the crowds of leaf peepers and shoppers and visit this peaceful valley on a tour curated for you!
• A touring map/guide of Leicester, NC’s Sandy Mush Community of Artisans and Farms. Some operate by appointment only. We will be happy to assist you in planning your day.
• A complimentary picnic lunch to eat at Addison Vineyards. Enjoy a tasting and panoramic mountain views. In September, guests can watch the grape harvest. (Vegetarian and Gluten-Free options are available) After your picnic, enjoy a complimentary wine tasting and glass at Addison Farms Vineyard and receive 10% off wine purchases. http://www.addisonfarms.net/
• Shop for honey, beeswax candles and pick-your-own blackberries; explore the farm store at Sandy Hollar Farms and receive a 10% discount on purchases. http://sandyhollarfarms.com/about_us
• Meet the pigs raised on the whiskey mash from Troy & Sons (an Asheville whiskey distiller) at Whiskey Pigs. http://www.whiskeypigs.com/ Visitors can buy meat and eggs here and receive a 10% discount.
• Explore the Long Branch Environmental Education Center, a farm designed for research, education and conservation. In addition to seeing solar farm buildings and a tobacco barn, pick up conservation tips and buy apples and cider. http://www.longbrancheec.org/about.html
Tour, shop, and experience a warm welcome at these fine artisan destinations:
• Jones Pottery, the studio of nationally recognized potter Matt Jones http://jonespottery.com/
• The studio for quilter Laurie W. Brown http://cometoleicester.org/artists/ – /laurie-brown/
• Painter Christine Hield at Sky Dance Art http://cometoleicester.org/artists/ – /christine-hield/
• Fiber artist June Hawkins at Sandy Hollar Farms
• The workshop of broom maker Marlow Gates and photographer Diana Gates http://www.friendswoodbrooms.com/
TOUR AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 1, 2015 – NOVEMBER 15, 2015.
TWO NIGHT MINIMUM STAY REQUIRED
BOOK NOW ONLINE OR CALL FOR DETAILS. 828-254-3608
Theater Under the Stars:
Located in the Historic Montford District, a few blocks from our inn, the Hazel Robeson Amphitheater is home to North Carolina’s longest running Shakespearean Troupe: The Montford Park Players. Shows take place Friday-Sunday throughout the summer.
Theater Under the Stars: The Carolina Bed & Breakfast, along with other inns of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association is proud to have partnered with the Montford Park Players to present you with an opportunity to experience theater as never before: you can be in the show!
Upon arrival at the Hazel Robinson Amphitheater, you and your guests will be ushered to center row VIP seating. At this time, those who choose to participate in the performance will be taken backstage to meet the cast and director. After your walk-on role has been explained to you, you will be taken to the costume room and outfitted for your part. Returning to your seats, you will be able to enjoy the show with the rest of your party until time comes for your entry. Aside from usual backstage jitters, you need not experience any nervousness as the cast is well equipped to help you get on and offstage undetected by the audience as a “ringer” in the group!
- Ticket for special reserved seating
- A Montford Park Players T-shirt (sizes S-XXL)
- Complimentary beverage (including locally crafted beer or wine)
- “Dress Up and Play!”- a costumed walk-on role in a scene
- A paperback copy of the play script signed by all the cast
- A photograph of you and the cast taken in costume!
The package is $25.00 for adults and $19.00 for children (under 17).
2015 Performance Schedule:
Romeo & Juliet, May 15-June 6
A Midsummer Night’s Dream, June 12-July 4
Twelfth Night, July 10-August 1
Richard III, August 7-29
As You Like It, September 4-26
Behind the Scene Masonic Tour:
The Masonic Temple in downtown Asheville is the winter home of the Montford Park Players. They have extended to our guests a special opportunity to tour the temple in an exclusive private backstage tour. The Temple was completed in 1915 and the theatre contains hand-painted backdrops by Thomas Gibbs Moses, an outstanding scenic artist of the early 20th century.
Your Masonic tour guide will show you all secret places and details in the Temple and perhaps divulge some little known facts about Freemasonry. Tours can be scheduled during the afternoon and are $10 per person.
Golf at the Grove Park Inn:
The historic Grove Park Inn Golf course is considered one of the ten best in North Carolina with its meticulously maintained greens surrounded by spectacular views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. We are able to offer our guests discounts of 30 – 40% on greens fees when booking through the Carolina Bed & Breakfast.
Golf Rates 2015
January 1st-April 30th: $50
May 1st-October 31st:
After 3PM Any Day $65
Nov. 1st-December 31st $50
Romance begins when you walk in the door. The mood will be set when you are greeted by a bouquet of roses, a plate of the finest chocolate truffles, and a sparkling beverage chilled and waiting for you. We use only local products: beverages from the Biltmore Estate and handmade chocolates from the Chocolate Fetish in downtown Asheville. $70
Some people just aren’t the flowers and champagne type so we have developed our “Bro-mance Package”. Choose your beverage–we will be happy to consult with you about local selections– it will be attractively presented on ice when you arrive. Add a selection of cheeses and house-made pickles to your taste. Consider pairing this with our golf package for the perfect day’s outing. $40
Just For Fun:
Looking for something a bit more relaxed? How about a beverage of your choice from the Biltmore Estate or a selection of Asheville’s local brews together with a ½ pound of amazing fudge from Nutz About Fudge and a bowl of popcorn? Top it off with a DVD from our library downstairs and you are set for the evening. $35
Is it a birthday, an anniversary, or some other occasion? Enjoy a home-baked cake made in our kitchen just for you. We will be happy to provide candles and balloons for a party in your room!
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing – $35
- Angel Food Cake with White Boiled Icing drizzled with Chocolate – $35
- Chocolate Chocolate Cake – $40
- Dense Flourless Chocolate Fudge Torte with Grand Marnier Sauce – $45
Spa Treatments and Massages:
While Asheville offers many spas for your enjoyment you may prefer to relax in the privacy and comfort of your own room. The Carolina Bed & Breakfast is partnered with Around Town Massage On Site Massages. In addition to individual massages, couples massages can be arranged depending on the room. Prices range from $95 ($190 couples) for a one hour session to $135 ($265 couples) for a one and a half hour session. Discounts are available for consecutive sessions by one therapist. Please contact the Carolina Bed & Breakfast at 888-254-3608 for more details.