September 21, 2014 by Susan Murray
I know this topic is somewhat out of line with my usual content. As a rule, I don’t like to use this blog to promote the Carolina Bed & Breakfast. I think our website does a pretty good job of that. I prefer to use this blog to share with you some of the things that make Asheville special and a great destination to visit. If you are a regular reader of this blog then you know that James and I try to visit every restaurant, hike every trail, and see every site before we suggest them to our guests so it’s usually pretty easy to come up with a topic.
But lately I have been so busy working with some other inns and shops in Asheville putting together this special package that I haven’t had time to do much of anything else. Therefore, not just because I have nothing else to write about, but also because this is truly worth mentioning to anyone who is thinking of visiting Asheville and our inn, I am stepping out of my box and doing some promoting!
The Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association Inn-Sider’s Holiday Package: Stay, Shop & Play!
- 17 Great Inns
- 28 Hand-Picked Shops
- 6 Weeks in November and December
That’s it folks. That’s what I have been doing for the past month. Together with the sixteen other inns of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association, I have been talking to shopkeepers and putting together an exclusive package full of discounts, gifts and special offers to help you with your shopping while experiencing Asheville in the holiday season. Our Innkeepers selected shops which they felt offered unique and unusual items and invited them to partner with us in creating our Inn-Sider’s experience. This package is only available to guests staying at an Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association Inn.
Here are the shops James and I chose and the discounts they offer:
1. Mountain Made. Located in the Grove Arcade, this is my go-to store when I am looking for a special gift. There are lots of galleries in Asheville which feature both traditional and contemporary crafts but the best by far will be found here. Hand-blown glass made from Pyrex (I can’t explain this, you just have to go see it), elegant pottery, lustrous wood items, and more. 15% discount for holders of the Inn-Sider Pass.
2. Van Dyke Jewelry and Fine Craft. Among James’ many talents is the ability to recognize (and purchase!) truly unusual and stunning jewelery. It’s an art he has crafted over 27 years of living in Europe and Asia. And this is where James shops. Whether we are having a piece custom-made for a special gift for our daughters, repairing or replacing something one of a kind, or looking for a ready-made piece which reflects our esthetic, Chris at Van Dyke is always able to help us. 5% discount for holders of the Inn-Sider Pass.
3. French Broad Chocolates There is chocolate, good chocolate and French Broad Chocolate! Dan and Jael, owners of the French Broad Chocolate Lounge love chocolate and make, hands-down, the best chocolate in Asheville. They even purchase, roast, and grind their own cacao beans in order to ensure the best product. You can purchase artisan truffles to take with you or sit down and enjoy a chocolate dessert in the shop. One free artisan truffle for holders of the Inn-Siders Pass.
4. The Cheese Store of Asheville It’s hard to believe but up until 2013 it was difficult to purchase locally made cheese and dairy products in our town. The making of Artisan cheese and other dairy products (think caramel!) is a fast growing industry in our area and it was kind of unbelievable that Asheville, with it’s reputation as a foodie town, did not have a gourmet food store dedicated to Cheese. The Cheese Store is located inside the Weinhaus which has a wonderful selection of wines to pair with your purchases. It’s not just limited to local cheese. There is also a great selection of gourmet cheese from other regions in the USA and the world along with other products related to the industry. 20% discount on non-menu items for holders of the Inn-Siders Pass.
5. Wake: the Foot Sanctuary and Shop. Our final selection is a gift for you. Wake is a foot spa located in the Grove Arcade and they have created a special winter foot soak for pass-holders. Finish your busy day of shopping with a luxurious foot soak which will leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed (and ready for an evening in Asheville!) This foot soak is a $30 value, available to pass-holders for $20.
These are just the stores James and I brought into the package. You can view the full list of stores by following this link: Asheville Inn-Sider’s Holiday Package: Stay, Shop and Play
Call 828-254-3608 or visit our Special’s Page for more information and pricing.
- 2 Night Stay at the Carolina Bed & Breakfast (Gourmet Breakfast, Evening Reception, Dessert and Guest Pantry included)
- Inn-Sider’s Shopping Pass (Discounts and special offers from 28 shops in and around Asheville)
- Gift of Cookies and Recipe
- Available November 19, 2014-January 3, 2015
Posted in Carolina Bed and Breakfast | Leave a comment