Perfecting Panna Cotta: The Recipe
April 21, 2011 by Susan Murray
>As promised here is the recipe for Panna Cotta as we serve it here at the Carolina Bed and Breakfast.
Orange Infused Panna Cotta with Bitter Orange Compote and Strawberry Coulis
Panna Cotta Ingredients
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
grated zest of one orange
1 3/4 tsp gelatin powder (see notes in previous post)
1 tbsp water
2 tsp vanilla
1) In a small bowl mix the water and gelatin together and set aside to soften.
2) Mix together cream, milk, sugar, juice and zest in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and pour through a sieve. Cool for about five minutes then stir in the gelatin and vanilla. Stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
3) Pour into lightly oiled ramekins, cover and refrigerate until overnight or until set.
Orange Compote Ingredients
1/3 cup sugar
pinch of salt
2 tbsp water
1) Peel the oranges and very thinly slice the peel of one of them.
2) Slice the oranges into thin slices and remove seeds.
3) Combine oranges and peel with water, sugar and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes until oranges have cooked down and the liquid is syrupy.
4) Cool and refrigerate until needed.
Strawberry Coulis Ingredients
1/2 lb strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced.
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp water
1) Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat to a boil.
2) Remove from the heat and process in a food processor until smooth or pass through a sieve.
3) Cool and refrigerate until needed.
That’s it! Couldn’t be easier.
This entry was posted in recipes
. Bookmark the permalink